WATERVILLE, Maine – Colby College’s Devin Mullaney (Boston, Mass.) made the NESCAC Women’s Squash All-Conference First Team three years in a row and aims for a fourth honor when the Mules open the season Saturday at home against Connecticut College.
Mullaney, the team's lone captain, went 15-13 last year and heads into her final season with 38 career victories.
The top nine
* Mullaney (pictured) also was the team’s NESCAC All-Sportsmanship Team honoree last year.
* Sophomore Madiha Molani (Lake Zurich, Ill.) was 13-10 in her first season, including a 9-3 record at the second position.
* Julianna Song (Greenwich, Conn.) tied Mullaney for second on the team in wins with her 15-10 record while mainly playing at the third spot. She was 10-5 at three and won all three of her matches at five.
* Olivia Silverman (New Canaan, Conn.) returns at the fourth spot, where she went 6-4 last year. She also saw action at the two and three spots.
* First-year Sydney Ku (Kirkland, Wash.) will play the fifth position, while junior Lily Wain (Milton, Mass.) should play the sixth spot after returning from studying abroad. Wain led the Mules in victories last year with a 22-6 record, including a 15-3 record at the seventh and eighth spots.
* Senior Elise O’Brien (Cos Cob, Conn.) gives the Mules a veteran presence after going 14-5 last year. She will start the season at the sixth spot.
* First-year players Sophie Langlois (Weston, Mass.) and Maddie Latimore (Waban, Mass.) will begin the season at the seventh and eighth spots. Anna Gildea (Weston, Mass.) starts the year at nine after playing mostly at eight and nine a year ago.
* First-year D’Arcy Carlson (Boring, Md.) and Sabrina Rabins (Weston, Mass.) will both battle for positions.