Posted: Mar 10, 2018
CLINTON, N.Y. -- Colby College scored four straight goals to take a 9-6 lead in the second half, but Hamilton College scored the final five goals to take an 11-9 win against the Mules in NESCAC women's lacrosse Saturday.
The Mules (0-2 overall) will play a neutral site game with William Smith College on Sunday at 2 p.m. at Hamilton. The game will be webcast at https://www.nsnsports.net/
By the numbers
* Kendall Smith and Grace Langmuir both had two goals for the Mules. Taylor Moore and Emma Banks each had one goal and one assist.
* Sasha Fritts, Maddie Hatch, and Robyn Pirie had the other Colby goals.
* Melinda Edie finished with a game-high four caused turnovers and three ground balls for the Mules. Kayla Luparello added three caused turnovers and two ground balls. Moore had four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
* Grace Crowell had four draw controls and three ground balls for the Mules. Maddie Hatch added three draws, two caused turnovers, and two ground balls.
* This was a game of runs, with Colby scoring three straight to take a 5-1 lead with 13:38 left in the first half.
* Hamilton finished strong in the first and second halves. The Continentals scored the final four goals of the first half to tie the game at 5-5.
* After the Continentals took a 6-5 lead just 40 seconds into the second half, Colby scored four straight goals in a span of less than nine minutes. Langmuir tallied with 16:47 for a 9-6 lead.
* After tying the game at 9-9, Hamilton received two goals from Nicole Lyons.