Feb 23, 2019
CLINTON, N.Y. -- Despite 41 shots on goal, the sixth-seeded Colby College women's hockey team fell 3-1 to Hamilton College in a NESCAC quarterfinal game Saturday.
By the numbers
* The Mules had a 41-19 shot advantage, but Gabrielle Venne made 40 saves for the Continentals.
* The Mules finished the season at 12-10-3, while third-seeded Hamilton moves on to the league final four with a 16-7-2 record.
* Colby goalie Cierra San Roman made 16 saves and allowed just the two goals.
* The game started one hour late after the Hamilton men went to overtime in its league quarterfinal game.
* After a scoreless opening period, Maggie Seidenberg scored her first goal of the season on a long shot from the point through traffic at 12:55 of the second period.
* Jess Haviland tallied at 17:02 to put Hamilton up 2-0 after two periods.
* Colby scored with 6:01 to play on McKinley Karpa's (pictured) fifth goal in just her seventh game with the Mules. Lexi Cafiero and Aimely Michaud-Nolan both had their sixth assists of the season.
* Hamilton clinched the game with an empty net score with 55 seconds left.