Posted: Dec 01, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Hamilton College scored 37 seconds into the game and held the lead until scoring an empty net goal in a 2-0 victory over Colby College in NESCAC women's hockey Saturday.
The Mules are 2-2 overall and 2-2 in the conference, while Hamilton improves to 4-2 and 3-1 in the league.
* Michaela Giuttari and Nancy Loh were key in Hamilton's 4-2 win over the Mules on Friday night and the pair did it again Saturday. Giuttari scored just 37 seconds in from Loh's fifth assist of the season.
* After Hamilton had an 11-9 shot advantage in the first period, Colby had eight shots on goal in the second period and held the Continentals to just one shot on goal.
* Loh's empty net goal with 1:20 remaining closed the scoring.
By the numbers
* Sammy Johnson made 11 of her 28 saves in the third period for Hamilton. Nina Prunster stopped 10 of her 16 shots in the opening period for the Mules.
* In a rare oddity, no penalties were called in the game.