Feb 05, 2019
FARMINGTON, Maine -- The Colby College women's basketball team won for the fourth time in the last five games with a 72-45 non-conference victory over University of Maine at Farmington on Tuesday night.
The Mules are preparing for a big final regular season weekend of NESCAC play. Colby entertains Wesleyan University at 7 p.m. Friday and then take on Connecticut College at 3 p.m. Saturday.
By the numbers
* First-year Keagan Dunbar had 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting, 4-of-6 from 3-point range, and 2-for-2 from the foul line. She also contributed three steals for the Mules (10-12 overall).
* Ainsley Burns added 14 points and eight rebounds for Colby, which shot 55.5 percent from the field in the second half. Jane MacKerron finished with nine points, seven rebounds, and three blocked shots.
* Grace Coutu also blocked three shots for the Mules and had eight points. Paige Russell had seven points and three assists, Katie McCrum had five points and seven rebounds, Carly Christofori had five points and three assists, Sarah Hancock dished four assists, and Nayeli Germosen (pictured) had two steals.
* Dunbar had 13 points, including three 3-point shots, in the first quarter to help the Mules to a 21-13 lead.
* The second quarter was evenly played, with the Mules picking up two points on the Beavers to lead 34-24 at halftime.
* Colby steadily pulled away in the third quarter, with Dunbar nailing a three to make it 49-31 with 3:54 to play. Christofori and Burns hit threes for the final six points to give the Mules a 55-35 lead heading into the fourth quarter.