Nov 16, 2018
BRUNSWICK, Maine -- First-year Keagan Dunbar opened her Colby College career with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting, but Colby-Sawyer College scored 21 points in the fourth quarter on the way to a 68-65 victory in Bowdoin College's Coastal Classic on Friday.
The Mules will play Regis College in a 2 p.m. game Saturday. The tourney was set up ahead of time so Colby would not face Bowdoin. The Polar Bears took an easy win over Regis in the other game.
By the numbers
* Dunbar was 5-for-8 from 3-point range. Ainsley Burns led Colby in scoring with 19 points and added seven rebounds.
* Katie McCrum had eight points, 10 rebounds, three assists, and two made 3-point shots. Grace Coutu finished with eight points and a game-high 11 rebounds, while Sarah Hancock had four assists and just one turnover for the Mules.
* Lexie Hamilton and Tianna Sugars both had 20 points for Colby-Sawyer (1-0).
* The Mules had a better field goal percentage (41.9 to 35.3) and won the board battle at 49-38. However, Colby-Sawyer had just seven turnovers and shot 14 more free throws than Colby.
* Colby had a 16-6 lead after the first quarter, but only led 28-26 at intermission. The Mules took a lead of four points into the final 10 minutes.