Posted: Dec 30, 2018
CLAREMONT, Calif. -- Despite a game-high 21 points from Colby College's Ainsley Burns, Pomona-Pitzer had a big second half on the way to a 72-56 win over the Mules in non-conference women's basketball Sunday.
By the numbers
* Burns (pictured) was 8-for-16 from the field, 4-of-7 from 3-point range, had four rebounds, and three blocked shots for the Mules (5-5 overall).
* Grace Coutu had another fine game with 14 points, 12 rebounds, three blocked shots, and two assists for the Mules. Paige Russell had five points and three assists, Jackie Albanese and Keagan Dunbar each had six points, and Sarah Hancock pulled down five rebounds.
* Kamil English led Pomona-Pitzer (8-4) with 13 points, six assists, and three steals.
* Burns had 10 of her points in the first quarter as the teams played to a 20-20 tie. Coutu added seven points and six rebounds in the second quarter, but the Sagehens held a 33-32 lead at intermission.
* Pomona-Pitzer had 39 points in the second half to pull away.
* Colby opens up NESCAC play at sixth-ranked Tufts University at 7 p.m. Friday.