Dec 01, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Despite a team-high 21 points from Colby College's Keagan Dunbar, Bowdoin College's Abby Kelly had 10-for-12 shooting from the field on the way to a game-high 22 points in leading top-ranked Bowdoin College to a 79-49 victory over Colby College in non-conference women's basketball Saturday.
The Polar Bears are 5-0 overall, while the Mules dropped to 3-2.
By the numbers
* Dunbar (pictured) finished with 21 points, including 4-for-9 shooting from 3-point range.
* Paige Russell added seven points, five rebounds, and three assists for the Mules. Grace Coutu had a team-high seven rebounds and blocked two shots, Ainsley Burns had nine points, and Jane MacKerron finished with five rebounds and two blocks.
* Kelly was 2-for-3 from 3-point range, pulled down a game-high eight rebounds, and had two assists.
* Maddie Hanson was 7-for-10 from the field on the way to 17 points, four rebounds, and four steals for the Polar Bears. Samantha Roy had nine points and four assists, while Cordelia Stewart had eight points on 3-for-3 shooting and four boards. Taylor Choate also had four assists.
* The Polar Bears scored the first eight points of the game, but Colby settled down and only trailed 16-10 after one quarter.
* A Dunbar 3-point shot in the second quarter cut the margin to 16-13. The Polar Bears pulled away with their defensive pressure and led 40-28 at halftime.
* Bowdoin scored the first 11 points of the third quarter to take command at 51-28.