WATERVILLE, Maine – Rain forced Colby men's tennis indoors, where the Mules hosted #18 Tufts for their last home match of the season. Scott Altmeyer and Sumukh Pathi started the match of well for Colby, grinding out an 8-7 win in #1 doubles over Tufts pair Boris Sorkin and Carl-Herman Grant. However, The Mules dropped the other two doubles matches, putting Colby in a 1-2 hole going into singles play. The Mules played gritty matches against the higher ranked Jumbos, with Jonathan Hallal taking a set in #5 singles and both Pathi and Max Shuermann pushing sets to tiebreakers. Ultimately, though, Colby fell just short and lost the match 8-1, a final score that concealed the match's close play.
Colby next takes the court at Wesleyan on Saturday, 4/27, at 1:00 PM (EST).
Tufts 8, Colby 1
1. Boris Sorkin (TUFM) def. Scott Altmeyer 7-5, 6-4
2. Paris Pentousis (TUFM) def. Sumukh Pathi 7-6, 6-3
3. Isaac Gorelik (TUFM) def. Max Schuermann 6-4, 7-6
4. Carl-Herman Grant (TUFM) def. Garrett Reiter 6-3, 6-3
5. Owen Bartok (TUFM) def. Jonathan Hallal 7-5, 4-6, 11-9
6. Jack Moldenhauer (TUFM) def. Hans Hwang 6-0, 6-2