Posted: Sep 22, 2018
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Colby College men's soccer team used a nice passing sequence to set up the lone goal of the game by Lucas Pereira (Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y./Economics) in a 1-0 NESCAC victory over Trinity College on Saturday.
* The Mules (3-2-1 overall, 1-1-1 NESCAC) put together some crisp passing before Jeff Rosenberg made a nice left-footed cross. Kyle Douglas (Windsor, Conn./Computer Science) flicked a header backwards and the ball hit Pereira in the chest and deflected off a defender into the goal.
* Colby has been nearly unbeatable defensively in NESCAC games. The Mules' defense of Garrett Dickey (pictured, Centennial Colo./Economics), Graham Pugh (Phoenixville, Pa.), Grady Jendzejec (Chappaqua, N.Y./Philosophy and Economics), and Wyett MacDonald (Planfield, N.H./Computer Science) have given up just one goal in three games. The lone goal was a 1-0 setback to third-ranked Tufts University and Colby battled to a 0-0 tie with Williams College.
By the numbers
* Dan Carlson (Littleton, Mass./Economics) made five saves for his second shutout of the season. He raised his save percentage to .833 and lowered his goals against average to 0.63.
* Both teams had 13 shots, but the Mules had a slight 6-4 margin in corner kicks.
* Trinity dropped to 1-5 overall and 0-4 in the conference.
* The Mules play at 21st-ranked Connecticut College (6-0, 3-0) on Sunday at 2 p.m.