Apr 14, 2018
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- The Colby College men's lacrosse team was 4-for-5 with the man-up and received a terrific game from Tucker Dietrick in a 16-12 loss at Williams College in NESCAC play Saturday.
The Mules drop to 4-6 overall and 2-6 in the league. Colby is at Maine Maritime Academy on Tuesday at 7 p.m. before playing an important NESCAC home game with Trinity College next Saturday at 1 p.m.
By the numbers
* Dietrick had quite a week, scoring four goals and dishing three assists against the Ephs. He started the week by scoring four times and adding an assist in Colby's win at Bowdoin College.
* C.J. Hassan and Don Vivian both had two goals and one assist for the Mules. Charlie Lynch added one goal and one assist. Riley Bergstrom, Mason Brady, John Pappas, and Joe Paolatto also tallied.
* James Mcfarland scored six goals and had one assist for Williams (6-6, 5-3 NESCAC).
* The Mules missed on their first extra-man opportunity, but scored on the next four. Colby also had a 44-42 advantage in shots and had only 10 turnovers in the game.
* Williams helped its own cause by winning 22 of the 32 face-off attempts.
* Lynch finished with a team-high six ground balls for Colby. Graham Lian and Paolatto both had four ground balls.
* The Ephs opened with three straight goals in the first 6:48 of the game. However, Colby bounced back and scored the next three goals to tie the game at 3-3 early in the second quarter.
* Williams scored four of the next six goals to take a 9-5 lead at halftime. With the score 7-5 after a Bergstrom goal with 1:22 remaining, Williams scored twice in the final 17 seconds to take a 9-5 lead.
* Vivian and Lynch scored two of the first three goals of the third quarter to cut the margin to 10-7. However, Williams scored four goals in the final 3:36 of the quarter to take control.
* The Ephs went up 15-7 with 11:10 left in the game, but Colby fought back with five of the next six goals.