Mar 21, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Colby College first-year attacker Charlie Lynch had four goals and one assist as the Mules took a 20-6 victory over Husson University in non-conference men's lacrosse Wednesday at Harold Alfond Stadium.
The Mules improve to 2-2 overall, while the Eagles drop to 0-3.
By the numbers
* First-year face-off man Joe Paolatto scooped 10 ground balls and was 14-for-17 on draws for the Mules. Colby classmate Jung Shin was 12-for-13 on face-offs and added four ground balls.
* Teddy Fenton and Tucker Dietrick both had three goals and one assist for Colby. Sam Friedman, Yuta Murata, and Tom Ginolfi all had two goals. Mason Brady, Harrison Alpaugh, C.J. Hassan, and Scott Miller also tallied.
* Brandon Bosse finished with two goals and one assist for the Eagles. Matt Verrill added one goal and one assist, while Jacob Boothby had two goals. Jaden Wells also tallied for Husson.
* The Mules had a 52-17 shot advantage and were 26-for-30 on face-offs.
* Colby goalie C.J. Layton played the first half and stopped five shots. Payton Fales made three saves in the third quarter, while first-year Billy Chizmar made one save in the final quarter.
* Matt Martin made 14 saves and added five ground balls for the Eagles.
* Fenton also had five ground balls for the Mules. Ginolfi and Derek Muse both had four ground balls.
* Dietrick and Lynch both had two goals in the first quarter to help the Mules lead 6-0 after 20 minutes.
* Husson got as close as 8-2 in the second quarter on goals by Wells and Bosse, but the Mules had three goals in the final 3:17 of the half to lead 10-2 at the break.
* The Mules led 15-3 after three quarters, but Husson scored the first two goals of the fourth quarter. Colby, though, scored the next five goals to pull away.