Posted: Jan 18, 2019
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. -- Kienan Scott scored his first two goals of the season, including the game-winning score in the third period, for Colby College in a 4-3 win at Middlebury College in NESCAC men's hockey Friday night.
The Mules improve to 6-6-3 overall and 3-5-2 in the NESCAC heading into Saturday's 3 p.m. at Williams College.
* The Mules led 1-0 after the first period when Scott scored on a 5-on-3 power play. Scott stepped in from the point and had a wrist shot in the upper left part of the net. Mark Leprine and Logan Clarke had assists on the play.
* Spencer Hewson (pictured) scored just 3:16 into a wild second period. Quinn Doyle and J.P. Schuhlen had assists in making it 2-0.
* The Panthers scored just 16 seconds later to cut the lead in half and added the tying goal at 4:20.
* The Panthers (6-7-1 overall, 3-5-1 NESCAC) went ahead 3-2 on a power play goal with 5:28 left in the second period. However, Thomas Stahlhuth's short-handed goal on an end-to-end rush at 16:29 made it 3-3 heading into the final period.
* Scott created a turnover at the blue line for the Mules and skated in alone for the game-winning goal at 8:27 of the third period.
By the numbers
* Andrew Tucci made 13 of his 32 saves in the third period for Colby.
* Brian Ketchabaw stopped 28 shots for the Panthers.