Dec 04, 2018
FARMINGTON, Maine -- Sam Jefferson and Matt Hanna combined for 43 points while first-year Noah Tyson pulled down 13 rebounds for the Colby College men's basketball team in a 92-76 victory over University of Maine at Farmington on Tuesday.
The Mules are 7-1 overall heading into Thursday's road game at Gordon College at 7 p.m.
By the numbers
* Jefferson had 22 points, hit five 3-point shots, and had five rebounds. Hanna was 8-for-15 from the field, 5-of-9 on 3-point shots to finish with 21 points and six rebounds.
* Tyson (pictured), off to a terrific start to his first year, may have had his best game of his young career. He had 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting from the field, made four of his seven 3-point shots, and dished three assists. Tyson had 12 of Colby's 28 defensive rebounds.
* Sean Gilmore continues to play well off the bench for the Mules. He added a double-double with 16 points, 10 rebounds, and finished with a team-high five assists.
* Amir Moss led UMF (4-2 overall) with 26 points, seven rebounds, and three steals.
* Colby shot 51.4 percent (36-for-70) from the field and 42.9 percent (15-of-35) from long range.
* The game was tight early and the Mules only led 16-14 with 13:23 to play. However, Colby used a 15-3 run to take a 31-17 margin. The Mules went into halftime with a 49-32 lead.
* Colby led by 24 points at 59-35 with 17:38 left in the game. The Beavers did battle and cut the margin to 77-66 with 4:53 remaining. Hanna, though, nailed a 3-point shot and the Mules pulled away.