Sep 15, 2018
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Despite a 13-9 shot advantage and an 11-4 margin in penalty corners, the Colby College field hockey team fell 3-1 to 12th-ranked Williams College on Saturday.
* Colby (2-2 overall, 0-2 NESCAC) scored at 65:47 when Georgia Cassidy put a ball through the legs of Williams goalkeeper Abby Lloyd. Delaney Keithley (pictured) had the assist for the Mules.
* The Ephs (3-0, 2-0) scored two goals in the opening 5:27 of the game. Meredith Wright tallied at 2:44 and Claire Fitzpatrick scored unassisted at 5:27.
* Wright scored with just 51 seconds left in the opening half for a 3-0 margin.
By the numbers
* The Mules dominated the second half statistically, posting a 9-1 shot margin and 8-0 in penalty corners.
* Colby goalkeeper Riley Whitmyer made five saves. The Mules pulled Whitmyer with 3:06 remaining for an extra attacker.
* Cassidy had eight of the Mules' 13 total shots.
* Colby plays host to University of Maine at Farmington on Tuesday at 7 p m. The Mules are back in NESCAC action next Saturday at 11 a.m. at 14th-ranked Trinity College.