Posted: Sep 20, 2017
The Mules won their second straight game and improved to 3-2 overall. The Eagles fell to 3-3.
* Cassidy (pictured), who has a team-high 13 points on six goals and one assist, scored just 4:20 into the game for what turned out to be the game-winning score. She also had early goals in last week's win over Thomas College.
* The Eagles settled down after the early goal, but Cassidy tallied when she lofted in a shot from in front with just 4:46 left to halftime.
* The Mules scored two goals in the opening 5:42 of the second half. Cassidy scored her third unassisted goal of the night just 2:53 into the half. Myri Skodock made it 4-0 at 40:42 from Merel van Gijzen.
* Colby goalie Riley Whitmyer stopped 19 shots in a game when the teams combined for 60 shots. Husson's Anne Marie Provencal was credited with 28 saves. Maddie Schoeni had a defensive save for the winners.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules face 20th-ranked Trinity College at 11 a.m. Saturday on Bill Alfond Field.