Sep 17, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Myri Skodock scored her first goal in conference play and it was a big one in Colby College's 1-0 victory over Connecticut College in NESCAC field hockey Sunday at Bill Alfond Field.
Georgia Cassidy, a sophomore transfer from University of North Carolina, had the assist to help the Mules improve to 2-2 overall and 1-2 in the league. The Camels dropped to 1-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
* Cassidy (pictured) started the play on a nice individual effort. With the Mules pressing, Cassidy stole the ball from a defender to start the play, had some nifty stick handling, and then had her shot tipped in by Skodock.
* The teams battled on each possession and there were few scoring chances in the game.
* Riley Whitmyer stopped three shots for the Colby shutout, while Camel goalie Andi McGraw made five saves.
Next on the schedule
* Colby plays a non-conference game at Husson University on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
* The Camels have a home game with Roger Williams on Thursday at 6 p.m.