Posted: Oct 21, 2017
CLINTON, Maine -- Colby College's Eleanor Fitzgerald scored before halftime to tie the game, but Hamilton College scored twice in the second half on the way to a 3-1 NESCAC field hockey victory Saturday.
Colby (9-5 overall, 4-5 NESCAC) will close out the regular season with a huge home game against Bates College on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Mules are tied for seventh in the league with Bates and Trinity College. With eight teams making the playoffs, one of the squads will not advance. The Bantams play host to Amherst College on Wednesday.
* Tatiana Bradley scored all three goals for the Continentals (9-5 overall, 6-4 NESCAC). She scored her first goal at 18:02 of the first half on a redirect in front of the cage.
* Fitzgerald (pictured) scored her third goal of the season at 30:26 to make it 1-1 at intermission. Fitzgerald poked home a rebound.
* Bradley had two goals in a span of 1:56 to give Hamilton the victory. Like the opening goal, both goals came off redirects at 56:11 and 58:07.
By the numbers
* The Continentals had a 22-13 advantage in shots and a 12-3 margin in penalty corners.
* Colby goaltender Riley Whitmyer stopped eight shots, while Julia Booth made four saves for Hamilton.
* Merel van Gijzen and Merrill Read both had three shots for the Mules.