Sep 23, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- Despite a penalty kick stop by Colby goalkeeper Dani Lonati, Trinity College scored just 40 seconds into the second half and made the goal stand in a 1-0 NESCAC victory over Colby College in women's soccer Saturday.
The Bantams are 2-4-1 overall and 1-3 in the conference, while the Mules drop to 2-3-1 overall and 0-3-1 in the league.
* Lonati (pictured) stopped a penalty kick in the first half to keep the game scoreless at the break. She dove hard to her right on the stop.
* Samantha March's cross from the right side was chested down by Tricia Pollock. With Lonati coming out of the goal, the ball squirted past her and Pollock reached to kick the ball over the goal line for the lone score of the game.
By the numbers
* Julia Pitino stopped two shots for the Bantam shutout, while Lonati made three saves.
* Trinity had a 10-5 advantage in shots and a 7-1 margin in corner kicks.
Next on the schedule
* The Bantams play at Wheaton College on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
* Colby plays host to University of Southern Maine at 4 p.m. Wednesday.