Oct 07, 2017
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. -- Despite eight saves from goalkeeper Dani Lonati, Colby College allowed two first-half goals in a 2-0 loss at Wesleyan University in NESCAC women's soccer Saturday.
* The Cardinals' Liz Young scored an unassisted goal at 17:28 of the opening half to put her team ahead for good.
* Wesleyan's Lauren Goetzman made it a 2-0 halftime lead when she scored with 13:21 remaining from Carly Bechtloff.
* The Mules (3-5-2 overall, 0-5-1 NESCAC) had a chance to cut the margin to one goal with 9:57 left in the half, but a Wesleyan defender made a team save on a shot by Olivia Greif.
By the numbers
* Lonati stopped eight shots, including five in the opening half. Zoe Cassels-Brown made two saves for the Cardinals.
* Wesleyan (5-4-1, 1-4-1 NESCAC) had an 18-11 shot advantage and a 3-1 margin in corner kicks.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules will play their final non-conference game of the season against University of Maine at Farmington on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on Seaverns Field at Harold Alfond Stadium.