Sep 22, 2018
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. -- Senior captain Jake Schwern rushed for 107 yards and two touchdowns for the Colby College football team in a 36-14 loss at Williams College on Saturday.
By the numbers
* Schwern had rushing touchdowns of 1 and 13 yards among his 28 carries.
* Mule first-year quarterback Matt Hersch (pictured) led both scoring drives and had 119 yards on 14-for-18 passing.
* Brandon Miner led Colby receivers with five catches for 49 yards. Schwern added three grabs for 28 yards.
* Colby's kicking game was solid for the second straight week. Moise Celaya had four of his nine punts go inside the 20-yard line and had about a 36-yard average. Walter Thilly made both extra points.
* TJ Dozier had 19 rushes for 160 yards and a touchdown for Williams (2-0). Bobby Maimaron scored four touchdowns.
* The Mules had two long drives for their touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Colby used 11 plays and went 81 yards in 5:50 on Schwern's first touchdown. Hersch had a 24-yard pass play to Miner and had six completions.
* Schwern went over the right side of the line for his first touchdown and also on his second score on a fourth down play. Hersch had a 20-yard completion to Devin Marrocco and a 19-yard pass play to Schwern on the drive.
* The game was scoreless in the first quarter, but the Ephs used two short touchdown runs by Maimaron and a field goal to take a 15-0 halftime margin.
Colby will play host to Middlebury College next Saturday at 1 p.m.